Cinegel 1995 - Thermashield
Normally in stock, more are on the way and should arrive within 1 - 2 weeks.
When heat is a problem in television, theatre, display or architectural lighting, Thermashield is the answer. Thermashield reduces the adverse effects of heat on performers and products used in commercials. Where hot lamps are used, it helps protect plastic color filters as well as other heat sensitive objects.
Rosco's Thermashield is an optical grade polyester film, finished on one side with a proprietary vacuum-deposited multi-layer coating. Set in the beam of a lighting instrument, it will reflect back infra-red energy, effectively reducing the radiated heat, while transmitting 80% of the visible light.
It is important to allow air space between the Thermashield and the color filter. This will allow much of the otherwise damaging heat energy to dissipate. It is necessary to affix Thermashield with the coated side facing the lamp. Each sheet of Thermashield is clearly marked so that users can easily identify which side of the clear film should be facing the lamp. If the label becomes detached, or if the sheet is cut so that the label is no longer available, there is an alternative technique. When tested with an ohm meter, only the coated side (the side which must face the lamp) will be conductive.
- Proprietary multi-layer coating reflects most of the infrared energy, thereby reducing radiated heat
- Allows the use of plastic color filters in fixtures with very hot lamps
- Protects performers and products from heat generated by stage or film & television lamps
- Boosts the Kelvin temperature of a 3200K source about 300 Kelvin (a mired shift of approximately -10)
Popular cuts per 12"x12" sheet are…
- 1 cut per sheet for Source Four ERS (19°-50° only)
- 1 cut per sheet for Source Four PARs
- 1 cut per sheet for PAR 64s
- 6 cuts per sheet for Mini-Strips
Popular cuts per 20"x24" sheet are…
- 9 cuts per sheet for Source Four ERS (19°-50° only)
- 6 cuts per sheet for Source Four PARs
- 4 cuts per sheet for PAR 64s
- 30 cuts per sheet for Mini-Strips
Popular cuts per 48"x4' roll are…
- 49 cuts per roll for Source Four ERS (19°-50° only)
- 36 cuts per roll for Source Four PARs
- 16 cuts per roll for PAR 64s
- 140 cuts per roll for Mini-Strips
|Color||R1995 - Thermashield|