DMXcat Multi Function Test Tool
We should have 9 in stock. Need more? It usually takes us 1 - 2 weeks to bring more in.
Eligible for FREE Shipping! What's this?
The DMXcat system is designed for use by the lighting professional who is involved with the planning, installation, operation, or maintenance of theatrical and studio lighting equipment. The system consists of a small hardware interface device and a suite of mobile applications. Together, they combine to bring DMX/RDM control plus several other functionalities to the user's smartphone for use wherever and whenever they are needed. Developed with input from designers and technicians, the DMXcat will be an indispensable tool for lighting users. Works with both Android and iPhones.
The DMXcat's interface device is a compact battery powered unit which fits easily in a pocket or tool pouch or may be worn on a belt. It uses Bluetooth LE technology for communication with the smartphone/applications (up to 50' range). Without the limitations of being physically connected, the user can move about the workspace as needed with his/her smartphone and run the various apps while still using the phone for on-the-job communication. The device's 5-pin Female XLR connector/cable assembly allows it to be connected to a point in a DMX data chain to allow testing and or control of the various DMX/RDM channel functions. It is charged using a standard USB to Micro-USB cable and charger.
- Compact battery powered device unit
- Bluetooth LE technology for communication with smartphone/applications
- 5-pin XLR Female connector/cable assembly
- Audible alarm (for locating a misplaced unit)
- Built-in LED flashlight
- Removable belt clip
- Battery life of 20 hours, takes 8 hours to fully charge
- USB to Micro-USB cable and charger
- DMXcat Apps: (Google Play, App Store)
- DMX Controller Single universe (512 channels) DMX channel controller with two user interfaces
- Fixture ControllerDMX Test app for multi-attribute fixtures with built in database of lighting fixtures
- RDM Controller App for bi-directional communication/control of RDM enabled devices
- DMX Tester Permits users to analyze and/or adjust settings for transmitting or receiving DMX
- DIP switch calculator This app simplifies the configuring of DIP switches used for setting DMX addresses
- RF Spectrum Analyzer* For surveying and visualizing Wi-Fi networks
- Light Meter* Useful for setting light levels for on-camera use
- *Only on Android Version
|Box L x W x H||1.63" x 3.75" x 0.94"|