Gadget II USB to DMX/RDM Interface
We don't normally stock this item, but can typically get it to you within 24 weeks (due to chip shortage).
- June 16th — Lead time on shipping Gadget II (including ETCnomad Education Edition with Gadget II) is estimated at 24 weeks *. Unfortunately, ETC is not currently accepting orders for any product that includes the Gadget II.
The primary cause of this longer than normal lead time is a critical "brain" chip which interfaces the circuit board to other devices. When ETC noticed supply issues earlier this year, they tested similar chips as a drop-in replacement (no success), and started a redesign process on moving to an entirely new chip. Despite shipping products at near-2019 levels, supply of the old "brain" chip continues to outstrip demand, which in turn has increased lead times.
- * Due to the rapidly changing situation, lead time can change within hours of an update. Sometimes it can be extended due to supply chain issues like delayed/missing packages of critical parts.
- Some alternate ideas while we wait for the Gadget II to return to production:
- Education Edition A non-Gadget, USB-Key-Only version is available at a reduced price. If you need DMX output, pair with one of the options below.
- Gadget II While we've heard reports of 3rd-party USB-to-DMX adapters working, we don't expect these to officially be supported.
When you're on the go and need a quick connection to your rig, Gadget II has you covered. A portable USB to five-pin XLR interface, Gadget II plugs into your laptop without any network infrastructure and gives you fully-functioning, two-universe output for PC or Mac based ETCnomad controllers. Gadget II outputs levels via DMX, initiates bidirectional communication using RDM and can also be used with UpdaterAtor software to help ensure that you are always up to date with the latest features. The device also permits Net3 Concert software to interact with your fixtures to snapshot a preset on your LED luminaires or to output a look.
- Two configurable DMX output ports
- Distributes DMX and RDM
- Compatible with ETCnomad*
- Compatible with UpdaterAtor and Net3 Concert
- USB connectivity
- *Requires Eos v2.4.0 and higher or Cobalt v7.3.0 and higher
|Box L x W x H||8.3" x 7.5" x 9.1"|