Roscoflamex PA - Latex Paint Additive
Normally in stock, more are on the way and should arrive within 1 - 2 weeks.
Roscoflamex PA is a clear, un-pigmented additive for creating a flame retardant paint layer. Add one full jar of Roscoflamex PA to a US gallon of water based paint to make your paint coating flame retardant. Roscoflamex PA is compatible in most latex or vinyl acrylic paints but always test with your specific paint choice. Roscoflamex PA does NOT alter the flammability of the substrate being painted but only adds a retardant treatment that slows the spread of fire along the surface.
Use Roscoflamex PA to effectively treat:
- Latex house paint
- Tinted latex paints
- Latex primers
- Rosco Scenic paints
- Clear Flat or Gloss Acrylic Glazes
- Vinyl and Acrylic water based mural paints
- Do not use Roscoflamex PA with metallic paints as the metal pigments may react and tarnish or corrode.
- Coverage8 oz. of Roscoflamex PA mixed into one gallon of paint will treat approximately 300 feet² of material as per paint manufacturer's guidelines.
- UsageRoscoflamex PA has been pre-measured and should be added to a single US Gallon of paint. Once combined, the paint/Flamex mixture can be diluted as desired but the dry paint film must be no less than 4 mil in thickness. The effectiveness of a fire retardant barrier is dependent on both the fire retardant additive and the thickness of the coating. Roscoflamex PA is not intended to be used in place of other Roscoflamex products. Where possible, always treat the substrate material using the appropriate Roscoflamex product.
- When using Roscoflamex PA in Rosco Supersaturated paint add one 8 oz. jar to one quart of undiluted Supersaturated and then dilute this mixture at least 1:1 with water. Mix thoroughly before using.
- ApplicationApply treated paint by brush, roller or sprayer as per the paint manufacturer's instructions. Regardless of the method of application, it is vital that a complete paint film is formed and that the dry film thickness of the finished coating is not less than 4 mil. Paint films that are incomplete, or are too thin, will not provide a barrier against the spread of fire.
- Certification and TestingRoscoflamex PA has been approved for use by the California and New York City Fire Marshall and has been tested according to ASTM E84 Class A.
- StorageStore Flamex products in non-metallic containers. When metal sprayers are used, they should be thoroughly cleaned immediately after use, including nozzles and accessories. Avoid use of metal buckets or paint containers when possible.
- Roscoflamex PA compares to original Roscoflamex P50. Do not intermix old and new Flamex products.
- DisclaimerRead carefully the instructions supplied with any Flamex product. Rosco offers these products in good faith, but without guarantee of any type, since materials treated and methods of application are beyond the control of the manufacturer. You should determine suitability of the Flamex product for the intended use and always test before using.
- All technical data, recommendations and service are accurate to the best of our knowledge. Rosco/Musson assumes no responsibility for the results obtained or damage incurred from use by the buyer in whole or in part since method of application and its use is beyond our control.
|Box L x W x H||2.35" x 2.35" x 5.45"|
- Roscoflamex NF - Natural FabricsFrom $58.70 each
- Roscoflamex DF - Delicate FabricsFrom $65.00 each
- Roscoflamex PC - Paper and CardboardFrom $86.90 each
- Roscoflamex SF - Synthetic FabricsFrom $86.90 each
- Roscoflamex WD - Raw WoodFrom $86.90 each