Roscoflamex PC - Paper and Cardboard
We don't normally stock this item, but can typically get it to you within 1 - 2 weeks.
Roscoflamex PC was formulated specifically to treat the many paper products commonly used in props and scenery construction. Most paper products without a wax coating, polyurethane, or other similar water resistant properties can be effectively treated.
Use Roscoflamex PC to effectively treat:
- Copier paper
- Newspapers and magazines
- Paper trash and packaging
- Matte board, cardstock
- CoverageApproximately 400 feet² of 90 lb. paper per gallon
- UsageRoscoflamex PC has been premixed and does not require any further dilution. The method of application and the amount of Roscoflamex PC required for sufficient treatment varies with the materials in use. Some discoloration and wrinkling of paper products may occur as the paper materials dry. Multiple light treatments will minimize this.
- DippingThis is the most efficient method of impregnation. Immerse completely for ten minutes, and hang to dry.
- BrushingUsing a wide lay-in brush, brush the Flamex solution into the fibers of the material being treated. Brush in the solution using a criss-crossing pattern to insure adequate absorption.
- SprayingIn a spray application, it is very important that an adequate amount of the Flamex be absorbed. In calculating the amount of solution needed, remember that a substantial portion of the spray will not fall on the fabric. Use a Hudson-type sprayer with a medium nozzle setting. For best results, hang the material to be treated and spray in a back and forth pattern starting at the bottom and working your way up to the top of the fabric sample.
- Over saturating the fabric may cause it to stiffen or otherwise alter its hand. ALWAYS treat a test sample to determine how the fabric will react and to test for effective flame retardance.
- Certification and TestingRoscoflamex PC has been approved for use by the California State Fire Marshall (#C-25001) and FDNY Fire Marshall (COA #5809) and has been tested according to NFPA 701.
- StorageStore Flamex products in non-metallic containers. When metal sprayers are used, they should be thoroughly cleaned immediately after use, including nozzles and accessories. Avoid use of metal buckets or paint containers when possible.
- DisclaimerRead carefully the instructions supplied with any Flamex product. Rosco offers these products in good faith, but without guarantee of any type, since materials treated and methods of application are beyond the control of the manufacturer. You should determine suitability of the Flamex product for the intended use and always test before using. Roscoflamex PC is a new formulation designed to effectively treat paper and cardboard products used in props and scenery. Do not intermix old and new Flamex products.
- All technical data, recommendations and service are accurate to the best of our knowledge. Rosco/Musson assumes no responsibility for the results obtained or damage incurred from use by the buyer in whole or in part since method of application and its use is beyond our control.
|Box L x W x H
|6.13" x 6.13" x 11.8"