Normally in stock, more are on the way and should arrive within 1 - 8+ weeks (due to chemical shortage).
- October 17th — In-stock paint can ship immediately, however backorders may be delayed for weeks to months. We can't say definitively which colors (if any) will be affected until the factory is given an order (which will also secure your place in line, and can be modified after placing).
- Rosco is happy to report supply chain issues are beginning to subside, and that matches increased paint shipments that Musson has been seeing. Backorders are still possible (especially for quarts), however the raw pigments/materials are available in greater quantities.
CrystalGel is a non-toxic, water-based material which provides a clear, plastic-like coating on virtually any surface used in modern stagecraft. It air dries quickly - usually within hours - to a flexible, translucent surface. When dry, it can be painted with any Rosco Scenic Paint, or carved, or safely rolled without cracking, peeling, or sticking. Such products as sand, sawdust or powdered clay can be added to it to create unique textures. Paint, dye, glitter, mica powders may also be added to CrystalGel and then applied to a substrate.
CrystalGel is a styrene resin, providing the greatest adhesion power of any non-oil based product. Among the soft surfaces to which CrystalGel will adhere are styrofoam, ethafoam and, of course, muslin and fabrics. Among the more rigid surfaces to which CrystalGel will adhere are metals, glass, plastics, wood, Luan and fiberboard. It is particularly effective in adhering to plexiglass without cracking or falling off.
- CoverageApproximately 250 feet² per gallon, varies with application
- ApplicationApply by brush, roller, pastry tube, trowel, tongue depressor or any other convenient means. CrystalGel has the consistency of hair gel. It may be thinned with water for a more liquid consistency. However the binder strength may be compromised if thinned more than 10%.
- Surface PreparationAll surfaces should be clean, dry, dust and grease free before application
- Average Dry TimeVaries with thickness of coating. Approximately 1-8 hours. Allow 24 hours for complete cure
- Clean-upEasy clean up with soap and water. Be sure to clean before CrystalGel completely dries. Once dried, clean up is difficult.
- CAUTIONSDo not apply when surface or air temperatures are below 50°F (10°C). Protect unused product against freezing. CrystalGel will freeze and become unusable at temperatures below 32°F (0°C). Do not take internally. Use adequate ventilation. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- All technical data, recommendations and service are accurate to the best of our knowledge. Rosco/Musson assumes no responsibility for the results obtained or damage incurred from use by the buyer in whole or in part since method of application and its use is beyond our control.
|Box L x W x H||8.5" x 8.5" x 7.38"|