Normally in stock, more are on the way and should arrive within 1 - 2 months.
FoamCoat is a non-toxic, water-based coating for styrofoam and polystyrene foam, as well as other surfaces. It provides a hard, durable finish that resists chipping and cracking, yet can be sanded smooth or carved to add detailing. FoamCoat can be used on a wide variety of surfaces including foam, primed wood, concrete block, primed fiberglass, papier mâché, muslin and many other materials. FoamCoat is fully compatible with all Rosco Scenic Paints used either as colorants or as surface coatings. FoamCoat is flame retardant and water resistant.
- CoverageApproximately 150 feet² per gallon, varies with application
- ColorOff-white, matte finish
- ApplicationApply by brush, roller, or hopper spray gun depending on the desired finish. The thickness of the coating is determined by the application. When coating over fine details, use successive thin coats to build up a protective layer without obscuring the details. For an extra smooth finish without sanding, smooth the coated surface with a wet sponge before the FoamCoat has set completely.
- DilutionUse FoamCoat undiluted for most durable single coat application. FoamCoat may be diluted with water if desired. Thinner mixtures will flow and level more than an undiluted application and will dry to a thinner coating.
- Surface Preparation
- Foam: All surfaces should be clean and dry, free of dust and grease before application.
- Wood & Plastic: Clean and prime surface with Rosco Tough Prime before applying FoamCoat.
- For particularly difficult materials, lightly sand surface to give it more "tooth" before applying FoamCoat.
- MixingStir well. Due to the weight of the solids in FoamCoat settling may occur. Use a power mixing blade for best results.
- Film ThicknessVaries with application. 1/16" - 3/16" per application.
- Average Dry TimeVaries with thickness of coating. Approximately 2-8 hours. Allow 24 hours to be completely dry to the touch
- Clean-upSoap and water
- CompatibilityFoamCoat is compatible with most water-based coatings and is easily painted or tinted. Tint FoamCoat using Supersaturated Roscopaint or a colorant like Proline, Mixol, Universal or Cal Tints. It is not necessary to prime FoamCoat before painting.
- CAUTIONSDo not apply when surface or air temperatures are below 50°F (10°C). Protect against freezing. Do not take internally. Use adequate ventilation. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- All technical data, recommendations and service are accurate to the best of our knowledge. Rosco/Musson assumes no responsibility for the results obtained or damage incurred from use by the buyer in whole or in part since method of application and its use is beyond our control.
|Box L x W x H
|7.88" x 7.88" x 7.75"