VRX928LA 8" Line Array Speaker
We don't normally stock this item, but can typically get it to you within 2 - 4 weeks.
The VRX928LA is a lightweight, compact 8" two-way line array speaker system designed for use in arrays of up to six units. VRX928LA is the ideal choice when line-array performance is needed but the venue size doesn't call for the very long-throw characteristics of larger line-arrays such as JBL's VERTEC or VRX932LA.
The Constant Curvature waveguide mounts two compression drivers on a continuous arc. When additional VRX928LA speakers are added to the array the uninterrupted arc continues. In effect, all the drivers work together as if they were a single driver on a very long waveguide. Since there are two HF drivers in each VRX928LA, the combined power handling and acoustic output of the system is far greater than a single driver could achieve.
VRX928LA uses amplitude shading to shape the coverage of the array. Switches on the input plate allow, for example, the upper box in an array to reach the distant rear of a room while the lower box is shaded back to reduce excessive level at the front of the listening area. One or two VRX928LAs may also be used on a tripod or over the VRX915S subwoofer. The integral rigging hardware is used to securely lock the array together.
As many as six VRX928LA speaker systems may be suspended in a single array for a nominal vertical coverage of up to 90°. Suspended applications require the JBL VRX-SMAF array frame. For applications in which the array must be aimed sharply down, a second Array Frame may be installed to the bottom of the array serving as a pull-back.
- Maximum SPL 122 dB peak
- Frequency Range (-10 dB) 70 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB) 87 Hz - 19 kHz
- Power Rating 1600 watts Peak, 800W Program, 400W Continuous
- Coverage 100° horizontal x 15° vertical
- LF Driver JBL 2168H-1 8" Differential Drive woofer
- HF Driver 2x JBL 2414H 1" neodymium compression driver
- WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- The warning above is legally required, and does not indicate any product safety violations. This warning is to inform the consumer of their right-to-know, read more on our overview page.